Advanced bachelor (3rd and 4th year) and Masters students can apply for an internship or traineeship in the field of tourism destination sustainability.
There is no deadline for applications. Internships can start any time of the year.
How to apply:
- Download and complete Application Form as good as possible. Feel free to include any texts from your motivation letter in the form.
- Send the form to us (email@example.com).
We will try to contact you within two weeks after receiving your application form.
Before applying, please note:
- Travel within the Netherlands will be reimbursed, but there will be no internship fee.
- Accommodation is not provided; accommodation cost in Leiden or The Hague may be between €400 and €500 per month.
- Our internship placements are committed until June 2017. New interns can only be accepted from July 2017.
Past interns testimonials
My name is Emily Egan and I did my internship working for Green Destinations in the first half of 2016. I am a third year student at NHTV University in Breda, Netherlands studying International Tourism Management and Consultancy (ITMC).
During the time of my internship I have been actively involved in the pilot and auditor training program, and hands on with the new online platform for Green Destinations. I am extremely interested in all aspects of sustainable developments in tourist destinations, and have learned a lot from this experience during the past 5 months!
I am Esmee, 24 years old, living in The Hague and I was one of the four interns at the EUCC for QualityCoast and Green Destinations from February-July 2016. I am a fourth year European Studies student at the Hague University for Applied Science. During my internship I have actively worked on communications and PR together with Emily. In March I have assisted at the ITB in Berlin, the world’s largest international tourism event. Together with Zainab, I worked on the preparation and organisation of the Qualitycoast-Green Destinations presentation. I have also assisted in developing Social Media campaigns for the Sustainable Destination Top 100 and the Green Deal Sustainable Tourism. I was very excited to work at the EUCC, since I have always been interested in how to live and work as sustainably as possible. Every Monday and Wednesday evening I play football, and Saturdays are match days. I love to hang out with my friends with a good glass of wine.